We all know the health benefits of eating chicken, but, if you don’t, here’s a quick reminder of why eating chicken is good for the body and good for the mind.
- Chicken is high in protein. It is a great source of lean and low fat protein which helps muscle growth and development promoting a healthy body weight.
- It’s also a natural anti-depressant because it is high in tryptophan which is an amino acid.
- Chicken helps prevent bone loss so for health conscious older people who are concerned about arthritis or even osteoporosis, eating chicken is a good way to help fight these ailments.
- Our chicken will do your heart good. Eating chicken breast is known to suppress and control homocysteine levels which can cause cardiovascular disease.
- Let’s not forget about our teeth and bones and we also need to think about our livers, kidneys and central nervous systems. Chicken is rich in phosphorus. This is an essential mineral in our bodies which helps all of the above.
- We all know how essential metabolic performance is for our thyroids, hormones and immune system. Chicken contains selenium which is an essential mineral which helps improve metabolic performance. But is also keeps our blood vessels healthy, our energy levels high and is good to maintain a healthy body weight while providing the body with enough energy levels for activities.