Chicken with apricot is a winning combination. Dried apricots are a source of iron, and chicken thighs provide more iron than breasts.
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 8 Pieces Chicken Thighs
- 1 Onion, sliced lengthwise
- 150 Grams lean smoked back bacon, diced
- 150 Grams Soft dried apricots
- 150 Milliliters Dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped flatleaf parsley
In a large pan, heat the oil and brown the chicken thighs. Add the sliced onion and continue to cook gently for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bacon, apricots and wine.
Cover, and cook gently on the hob for 20-25 minutes until the chicken juices run clear. Add a little more wine or water if needed. Add the parsley for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Serve with rice or couscous and a green salad.